Nearpod version available
Students will be able to:
- Explain how changes in economic conditions affect real GDP.
- Generalize the business cycle as a piecewise function.
- Discuss the business cycle in terms of a function.
- Find the extrema of a function and use it to compare economic conditions.
Students should be able to:
- Write a linear equation in slope-intercept form given two points.
- Use the vertex and standard form of a quadratic equation.
- Evaluate and solve equations.
Click NEARPOD VERSION: PIECEWISE FUNCTIONS: BUSINESS CYCLE APPLICATION to access an interactive version of the lesson powered by Nearpod: students interact and respond to questions on their device, and teachers will see their responses in real time!