Nearpod version available
Students will be able to:
- Create a graph representing a budget line and calculate the trade-offs of moving along the line.
- Represent a budget line using an equation in two variables.
- Predict transformations of the budget line given changes in income, changes in price of a good, or both.
- Calculate an equation for a budget line.
- Explain the meaning of the budget line in terms of personal finance.
In this personal finance lesson, students explore budget constraints by solving a contextual problem.
Click NEARPOD VERSION: USING LINEAR FUNCTIONS TO UNDERSTAND BUDGETING to access an interactive version of the lesson powered by Nearpod: students interact and respond to questions on their device, and teachers will see their responses in real time!