Grades 6-8, 9-12
Teachers will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of picture books that feature the immigrant experience.
- Learn how to introduce the students to the concepts of entrepreneurship, decision-making, goods & services, scarcity, and producers & consumers.
- Feature the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction.
- Promote Immigrant Heritage Month using children’s literature.
- Use the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction, after-school programs, or summer enrichment programs.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
In this webinar, you will be introduced picture books featuring characters making life-changing choices in immigrant experience.
In this session, attendees gain access to resources, lessons, and activities just in time for June’s immigrant Heritage Month. This webinar reviews the economic concepts of choices, limited resources, and decision-making while exploring new picture books based on the immigrant experience. The featured titles include: “Dreamers,” “Carmella full of Wishes,” “Areli is a Dreamer,” and “Between Us and Abuela.” Note: Each webinar in the series stands alone, no need to attend all four.
Grades K-2, 3-5