Teachers will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of picture books that feature the immigrant experience.
- Learn how to introduce the students to the concepts of entrepreneurship, decision-making, goods & services, scarcity, and producers & consumers.
- Feature the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction.
- Promote Immigrant Heritage Month using children’s literature.
- Use the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction, after-school programs, or summer enrichment programs.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
This webinar features economic concepts of choices, limited resources, and decision-making using books about immigrant experience.
Gain access to resources, lessons, and activities in time to celebrate June’s Immigrant Heritage Month. This webinar reviews the economic concepts of choices, limited resources, and decision-making while exploring new chapter books based on the immigrant experience. Featured titles include “Front Desk,” “Room to Dream,” and “Stef Soto, Taco Queen.”
Grades 6-8, 9-12