Nearpod version available
Students will be able to:
- Determine the value of a function when given the x value.
- Apply mathematical knowledge of functions to an economic example.
- Determine the value of a function at a given x value from a graph.
- Determine the area under straight line graphs.
- Determine the dead weight loss as well as the portion of tax paid by the producer and consumer using different graphs.
- Determine whether a given event causes a shift in supply or demand.
In this personal finance lesson, students will learn how to determine the function values of simple functions.
Click NEARPOD VERSION: WHO SHOULD PAY TAXES ON GOODS? PART 1 and NEARPOD VERSION: WHO SHOULD PAY TAXES ON GOODS? PART 2 to access an interactive version of the lesson powered by Nearpod: students interact and respond to questions on their device, and teachers will see their responses in real time!