Teachers will be able to:
- Explore historical barriers that have contributed to today’s wealth gap.
- Learn about qualitative and quantitative insights and trends among female investors.
- Obtain simple investment principles and philosophies that can be used in personal finance units.
- Obtain infographics and other visuals to share with students.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
In this personal finance webinar, learn more about how women “are doing it for themselves,” taking control of wallet, life and career choices.
We will share and celebrate the stories and pivotal moments in a women’s financial life that empower her to own her financial future—early days, access to education, family influence, societal role models, and more. Key takeaways will include actionable advice to use in the classroom, or among family members, to help inspire the next generation of girls to invest.
Presented by personal finance app, Stash, and the company’s Director of Investments and Certified Investment Management Analyst®, Mindy Yu, the webinar will explore three key focus areas:
- Historical context: a woman’s access to financial services is defined by pivotal moments in not-so-ancient history. What are some of the key moments that granted women more ownership over their financial lives, and how have historical barriers impacted present-day inequities?
- Today’s cultural shift: perhaps more than ever before, investing and personal finance are making headlines. Even prominent public figures are gifting their loved ones stock vs. “stuff.” It’s clear that investing, especially, is more affordable and accessible than ever before, but how can we make sure the younger generation is armed with proper education and tools to invest smartly?
- Investing 101: walk through Stash’s long-term investing philosophy, the “Stash Way.” Rooted in thinking long-term, diversification, and consistency, the approach is tried and tested, and can be an especially helpful framework for beginners.
Throughout the webinar, Mindy will share unique insights from Stash— about the increase in women investors on the platform over the years, their tendencies to successfully follow the Stash Way, and more. Walk away with qualitative and quantitative insights to better help young women invest in themselves and their futures.