- In this webinar teachers will:
- Discover Shelia Bair’s new picture books in the Money Tales Series. Titles include: “Daisy Bubble: A Price Crash on Galapagos” and “Princess Persephone and the Money Wizards Inflation Comes to Ganymede.”
- Learn how to relate the situations of fictional characters to real-life financial situations dealing with price bubbles and inflation.
- Consider the cross curricular possibilities of the featured titles, especially in language arts and social studies.
- Review classroom ready lessons and activities that support the economic concepts featured in the books. Concepts include: Demand, Goods & Services, Inflation, Leverage, Money, Price Bubble, Speculation, and Supply.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
Sheila Bair, former FDIC chair, knows we need to step up our game in instilling economic concepts and financial literacy skills in our children. With this goal in mind, she recently expanded her popular Money Tales Series to include “Daisy Bubble: A Price Crash on Galapagos” and “Princess Persephone and the Money Wizards: Inflation Comes to Ganymede.” This webinar will present these humorous picture books, provide background on the history of price bubbles and inflation, and review classroom-ready lessons and activities.