Teachers will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the new American Women Quarters program and learn how to use the five featured women to teach in the content areas.
- Learn how to introduce the students to the concepts of entrepreneurship, decision-making, investing, profit, goods & services, and producers & consumers.
- Discover how the decisions made by these historical figures had an impact on others.
- Feature the presented lessons and activities in their classroom instruction.
- Promote Woman’s History Month using a new quarter series provided by the U.S. Mint.
This video is available to view for EconEdLink members only.
In this webinar, you will learn to introduce students to diverse individuals who were pioneers in their fields.
Take advantage of the five new American Women Quarters to introduce students to diverse individuals who were pioneers in their fields. The 2022 New American Quarters include: Writer Maya Angelou Astronaut Sally Ride Cherokee Nation Chief Wilma Mankiller Educator Nina Otero-Warren Film Star Anna May Wong Resources include websites, lesson plans, classroom activities, and connections to children’s literature.