Students will be able to:
- Discuss the benefits of trade.
In this economics activity, students will analyze current data of products imported into the U.S.
This individual activity will require students to examine current data on products imported into the United States. While this project will focus on imports, it can also be used for exports. To complete this activity, students should follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Trade Map provided by the International Trade Center.
- Select one of the products on the drop-list that is imported into the U.S.
- (Note: Follow these steps to use this site: Click on the blue box PRODUCT; Click on the blue box IMPORTS. To find the complete list of products, click on ADVANCED SEARCH. It will send you to a different screen. On that screen, click on SEARCH BY HIERARCHY. You can then scroll down the list of categories and find a group of products for your project. Click on the group you want to use, and it will return you to the main screen. In the second dropbox, type in United States of America. Do not enter any information in the third dropbox. Click on TRADE INDICATORS and it will take you to a new screen with the date you need to review. That site shows all countries that export the product to the U.S. It may include multiple countries; you may want to choose the top five for your report.)
- After reviewing the information about your selected product, answer the following questions in the Quizizz Activity.